South Yorkshire Times, January 4, 1935.
Wedding – Bisby & Tucker

Miss Ada Bisby, only daughter of Mrs. Stead and the late Mr. A. E. Bisby, of 18, Hirst Gate, Mexborough, and Mr- Albert Cecil Tucker, youngest son of Mr. and. Mrs. T. Tucker, 8, George Place, Mex-borough, were married on Saturday at the Doncaster Road Methodist Church, Mexborough, by the Rev. F. W. Doar.
The ceremony, which was choral, included the hymns, “The Voice that breathed” and “Lead us, Heavenly Father,” Miss K. Humphries also playing suitable music.
The bride, who was given away by her stepfather, Mr. E. Stead, was gowned in white crepe de Chine with white embroidered net veil and coronet of orange blossom and carried a bouquet of lilies.
The bridesmaids were Misses E. A. Bisby and M. Davies, while attendants were Miss K. Bisby and Master N. Bisby. The bridesmaids wore blue crepe de Chine dresses and coronets of silver leaves and pendants, the gift of the bridegroom. Their bouquets were of pink chrysanthemums, and the attendants had posies of lilies of the valley and also carried silver horse shoes.
The bride’s mother had a navy blue satin dress and hat to tone and carried a bouquet of daffodils. The best man was Mr. F. Bisby, and the groomsman Mr. H. Bisby.
A reception was afterwards held in the church school.